Here are the Top Ten most visited posts on Quadrivium for January, 2008:
- Monty Python’s Parody of Knighthood (Part 1): How Monty Python and the Holy Grail humorously skewers the ideals of Arthurian chivalry.
- Observation: A funny essay on the art of people watching.
- What is Christian Art?: Is there such a thing as “Christian” art and how does one recognize it?
- Is Fantasy Escapism?: Is fantasy literature (LOTR, Narnia, etc.) an attempt to escape reality, or does it communicate reality better than any other genre?
- Stephen Pinker and the Morality of a Meat Machine: Admiring Stephen Pinker’s awesome ‘do, and examining his not-so-awesome materialistic foundation for ethics.
- The Economics of Art: A rejoinder to post 3 that takes a different approach to the idea of “Christian” art and the concept of ‘art’ altogether.
- Pinball Brain: A post that ponders the perpetually preoccupied mind and what to do about it.
- America the Dim-Witted: A collection of stupid warning labels…need I say more?
- The Conflict of Christianity and Culture: A post that examines the underlying causes of modern Christianity’s estrangement from culture.
- April 22: Pregnancy and childbirth…from the dad’s perspective.